Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day Gift - My first canvas creation

Hi all, just wanted to pop in to show you what I made for my mother for Mother's Day. I already showed you the card, but I'm really excited about the wall hanging that I made her. I've never used canvas before, but I bought a whole bunch when I found it on sale, thinking that my kids and I would make some stuff with it for their rooms. They like to craft so I figured this would be a good way for them to splatter some paint on something that would end up somewhere besides the blue box or a drawer (my fridge wont hold magnets too well). I also figure my plethora of stamps might come in handy in just such a case... along with a Cricut cart or two (ok, maybe more!). That is the plan, however I'm not always good at following plans. There just never seems to be enough time! This is when I remind myself that my word is "accomplish" for 2009 :)

Anyway, on to the goods...

I'm so happy with how it turned out. I didn't add the pics (they're black and white old pics from when my mom was little with her siblings and grandparents) because we don't have one yet of my uncle and I figured it was best to wait to have that in order to make sure they go in the right spot. I also thought that maybe she'd want different ones too, like the great one she has of my grandpa, or my grandma/grandpa's wedding.

I'd never used any of my Say It With Crystals because I love them too much... but tada... I did it.
I also finally used some big flowers (Heidi Swapp) and the cool brads that I found matched the paper perfectly. Oh, my new fav is the Sakura Stardust Glitter pens!!! I'd say it all worked out... what do you all think? Any suggestions/tips for next time when I do this for/with my kids? My mom doesn't like frilly, fancy or swirly, but I gave this to her today and I'd have to say that I got a genuine ohhhh, it's beautiful, so I think she liked it and it was low key enough for her!

Well, time to organize... I've got the bug and well, my craft room could use some organization, then maybe it'd be more fun and efficient to play in there!

Happy crafting!
Kendra :)

P.S. If you really want to know what I used for anything, let me know and I'll go find out :)

1 comment:

  1. Great pages. Your pictures are going to look great on those layout pages!!! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete