Friday, January 9, 2009

Baby Book

Well, my first attempt at a scrap book is now complete. It took me 3 days and a table full of scrapping stuff. It also ended up costing me ALOT more than any normal baby gift would, but I have to say that I am totally excited about the outcome! Actually, if I'm honest, I'm totally excited that the outcome was a completed book!!! Yay! My first accomplishment of 2009!


Part of my year of "accomplishments" includes taking better photos I guess. Sorry for the sloppy look of them, but I was just so excited to have completed the book that I didn't want to take the time to set up a photo box properly. Not that I know how really, but it's on my list of things to do/research/accomplish.

I had never scrapped before and so I found that this was quite a challenge! What to do first and what supplies to use where and what I was willing to experiment with and what I felt was better left until a later date. Yeah, as it turned out, I tried to do something I had never done before on every page!


This page features a fold out. Under the Mom is an area for "About Mom"... same for under the Dad. In the middle is an extra flap for a pic and underneath and area for "About Us" where they can write about how they met, got married, or whatever else they wish. I LOVE this set of pages.




This is my first use of coredinations paper. I really liked how it turned out. I don't have an embossing machine, but I used a rolling pin to create the stars!!! LOL I also used the holographic embossing powder on the star streak through the poem. I think this is probably one of my favorite of the pages. Yes, it is.



Every baby book needs pics of mom with baby and dad with baby and so that's where this set comes in. I made pockets out of the photo mats for tags where mom could write her thoughts and one for dad to do the same.

And last, but definitely not least, a place to put the new family photo. I know that I had my mom/dad and baby = 3 page, but this one could be with grandparents too or whatever their hearts desire. I'm so excited to give this present to my cousin. I can't wait to see her response. I know I love it and wish I had one for my little one, actually, any of my 4 kids! However, not everyone gets a kick out of these things. Anyway, I'm out for today.
Happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. I would never have believed that this was your first scrapping project!! It turned out awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great book! congrats on your first accomplishment of '09! it's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the encouragement. I can't wait to make stuff for my kids now :)

    ReplyDelete